• Global Excel Awards is organised by Global Excel Summit.
• The nomination and voting process takes place on the Global Excel Summit website only.
• Participation in the nomination and voting process is free of charge.
• Nominations and votes are entirely based on the public vote.
• A person can nominate and vote only once using a valid email address. All other submissions from this email address will be disqualified. Nominations and votes sent from disposable email addresses will also be rejected.
• The organisers reserve the right to cancel votes they believe to be fraudulent.
• The organisers reserve the right to cancel any nominations / votes that don’t meet the criteria.
Category #1: Most Influential Professional in the Excel Industry
This category is open to all members of the Excel community.
Category #2: BEST Microsoft Excel add-in
This category is open to active free and paid add-ins compatible with Excel for Microsoft 365.
Category #3: Most Obscure Use of Excel
This category is open to any individual as long as their work is publicly viewable on the web.
Category #4: Lifetime Achievement
This category is only open to individuals with a proven presence in the Excel community before 2000.
Category #5: MVP in the Making
This category is only open to individuals who’ve never been an MVP at any point in time.
• Nominations should be supported by a Linkedin profile or website of the person/tool nominated to be considered.
• Nominations are open to everyone.
• Individuals can submit nominations for themselves or others.
• Nominations can only be submitted via the awards nomination forms.
• Do not submit nominations via email — they will not be acknowledged.
• Nominations must be submitted in English. We cannot consider non-English language nominations.
• You are not obligated to submit a nomination for every category.
• The five nominees who have received the most nominations during the nomination process will qualify for the voting stage.
• During the voting process, you are obligated to vote for every category.
• The person/tool with the highest number of votes in each category will be deemed the winner. In case two or more nominees have the same number of votes, the one with the highest number of nominations during the nomination period will take precedence.
• The nomination period runs from 12 April 2023 until 30 April 2023.
• The voting period runs from 15 May 2023 until 4 June 2023.
• The winners will be announced on the Global Excel Summit website on 19 June 2023.