About this Masterclass:
In this one day masterclass, learn how to make complex, interactive and intuitive business charts & dashboards.
Session 1: Quick introduction to modern Excel charting
Session 2: 5 common types of business charts and how to create them:
- Budget vs. Actual charts: Compare planned amounts, values with actual.
- Then vs. Now charts: Understand how things have changed between two points in time.
- Communicating trends: Use sparklines, conditional formatting to elegantly show the trends
- Interactive maps: Create geographical maps to show what is going on
- Forecasting: Look at historical patterns and make time-series forecasting.
Session 3: Interactive dashboards Excel
- What is a dashboard and process for creating one
- Exploring dashboard case study of a retail mart
- Making a mock-up drawing of the dashboard
- Setting up data model in Excel – tables & relationships
- Creating pivot table driven calculation engine for the dashboard
- Preparing charts & information tiles for the dashboard
- Laying everything out and formatting
Session 4: Closing thoughts on business reporting through Excel
Chandoo runs one of the most popular and extensive online resources for data analysis and dashboard reporting through Excel & Power BI at Chandoo.org. His mission is to make people awesome in their work. He has trained more than 10,000 professionals on Excel, Power Pivot, VBA & Power BI through online & in-person classes. Full profile >>
- Payment options: You can pay be debit/credit card by simply adding this Masterclass to your cart. Alternatively, payment by invoice, purchase order or bank transfer is also available. Contact us for further details.
- Early Bird Special: Offer expires on 23 December 2020.
- Available discounts: DATEL Productions subscribers get 10% OFF. Please contact us if you are a student, senior over 60, charity/NHS worker or if you come from an emerging market. We will send a discount code directly to your inbox. T&Cs apply.
100% No-Risk Money Back Gurantee
We’re excited to have you join this Masterclass. If at the end of it you aren’t absolutely delighted by what you’ve learnt and your expectations aren’t met, we’ve got you covered. You will have 30 days to request a refund. No questions asked.